Welcome back class!!! I hope you had a restful break. I sure did!!!! I missed you very much. I really appreciated all the thoughtful gifts you gave me for Christmas- especially all the delicious treats!!! I hope my clothes still fits- ha ha! If you read this blog, say Happy New Year to your teacher!
*******I WANT TO THANK ALL THE PARENTS WHO BROUGHT ITEMS AND HELPED WITH THE CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!! WE ALL APPRECIATED IT SO MUCH. IT SURE WAS SWEET---LITERALLY HA HA!!!!!
This coming up Friday we will celebrating the Epiphany Mass planned by our class. We will have student readers, altar servers, and singers. I will also have students bring up the offertory gifts. We will have something a little special too, but you'll have to come to see our Mass!
This first week we will begin all new units/chapters in each subject. We also will be starting a new writing project- Persuasive speeches. A few students will be chosen to participate in the Merced County Speech Festival. This will be something new and challenging, but very fun. At the end of this writing assignment the students will give a speech for the class- memorizing the speech is a must!
Book Project- we will begin a new book that will include a fun project that they will need to complete and present to the class- this will be a fiction book project. We will check out a new book on Monday.
For science an social studies, the students will have to take notes for each lesson. They may choose to do a note sheet, outline, or just notes on their own. This will count for a big part of their grade. I have guided them many times on various ways to take notes, now they will try this on their own. I will give some guidance, but this will primarily be on their own. Study guides will still be given before the test to help them study.
In preparation for the next math unit, students need to practice multiplication and addition facts. We will have daily facts test in these areas.
Monday 1-3-2011
Religion- prepare for mass, I with pick names for the various parts of the mass.
Science- cards Ch b/1 vocab cards
Math- pgs 126-127 # 17-27
library/computers- In the library they will choose a new fiction book. For homework they will do spelling unit 13 5x each in cursive.
Writing- begin persuasive packets
Art or PE
Tuesday 1-4-2011
Religion- practice for mass
Science- go see what the rain has done to our environment and how the water has moved soil etc. * begin lesson 1 B6-B8 read and take notes.
Math- facts test , pgs B9-B11 finish notes for the lesson. Homework- do wb page for lesson1.
SS- Begin Ch 5 vocab- words will be given.
spelling - unit 13 pgs 84-85
English- begin Adjectives- pg 204-205
writing
Art- begin mosaic art
Wednesday 1-5-2011
Rel- Mass preparation
sci- pgs B9- B11 finish lesson notes, Hw- do wb for lesson 1
Math- facts test, rev pgs 130-131
kinder reading
SS- preview to lesson 1 read 186-189 , do pg 189 1-2
sp- 86-87
Eng- pg 206-207
Writing
PE
Thursday 1-6-2011
Preschool reading
Science- lesson lab ( this is a fun but messy one!!)
Math- facts test, pgs 132-133
SS- begin lesson 1 pgs 190-192 take notes
spelling- pgs 88-89
Eng- pgs 208-209
Writing
Practice Mass in the Auditorium
Friday 1-7-2011- 12:30 dismissal
4th grade mass
Math- 134-135
SS- finish lesson 1 pgs 193-194 finish notes; do wb pg 47
Eng- pgs 210-211
Spelling test unit 13
** Report Cards go out today!
***Until Basketball is over I will do Hw help on Tuesday and Thursday
I will help students with notetaking
********* Our Country we have chosen for International Night is Scotland. If you know something that you would like to share -- I would greatly appreciate that. I f you have items that we can use for the night please let me know ASAP. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!!!!